Upper Keys Rotary Club Scholarships
DEADLINE for 2019 Scholarship Applications Has Passed.
IMPORTANT! When uploading your files make sure they do NOT have dashes or dots in the name or your submission will FAIL!
USE SIMPLE FILENAMES ONLY
The Upper Keys Rotary Club holds The Gigantic Nautical Flea Market once a year. We do this to raise money for scholarships, and we raise roughly $200,000 annually. The scholarships you are applying for are available because 300 plus Rotarians and volunteers came together to make this event successful. Raising this much money is a lot of work!
We are moving to an online application for scholarship applications, and this is the first attempt at doing it. No matter what, you should expect to receive an email acknowledging a successful package submission. If you do not get an email, your application was NOT received.
If you CANNOT submit electronically, please call Tricia Hynes at (305) 522 – 2848
Please attempt to follow the scholarship submission guidelines as closely as possible. This will make our job easier, and keep in mind Rotarians are all volunteers. No Rotarian is financially compensated for the time or money they put into making this happen.
Questions? To submit a scholarship application you will first need to:
Step 1: create an account and then
Step 2: login.
Files you should have ready to upload
Uploads must be one of the following types (pdf, doc, docx, jpg, jpeg, png)
Graduating Seniors will need to have the following READY TO UPLOAD:
- Personal Essay
- Letter of Recommendation(s) – Preferred from outside of the school system.
- FASFA Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) Determination Page
- Estimated Cost Sheet – one for each college you are considering – Download a Blank Worksheet
Returning College Applicants will need to have the following READY TO UPLOAD:
- Financial Worksheet – Download a Blank Worksheet
- Current Transcript showing GPA
- An essay answering some, or all, of the following questions: In what school activities do you participate? What volunteer/community service activities do you participate? What leadership positions have you held in school, or within the community? Why should you receive this scholarship? Tell us how you are doing, what you are doing, and what you plan to do. What is your financial need?
CTE (Career Technical Education) Applicants are not required to upload any documents.
You can start earning earlier, have excellent lifetime earnings, and a good work/life balance with Career Technical Education Training (CTE).
CTE fields include: Firefighter, EMT, Medical Assistants, Culinary, IT, Masons, Dental Hygienists, Veterinary Technicians, Diesel and Marine Techs, Welding, Aviation Techs, Government, Security & Law Enforcement, Construction, Energy, Hospitality, Commercial Fishing, and many others.